Soar Development Ltd is excited to have been approved by the Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) to become an ILM Provider for Development Courses.
Current programmes on offer are:
Aspiring Women Into Leadership
This development course is designed for any woman who wishes to move into a leadership role within the workplace. It includes a range of workshops on areas such as confidence, assertiveness, leadership skills and career planning. It can also include additional optional elements such as an Emotional Intelligence assessment and action plan, and individual coaching.
Course aims and objectives:
- Develop confidence and self-beliefs, identify strategies to be effectively assertive
- Identify their strengths and how to use them in their current role and to move to future roles
- Identify their career goals and how to work towards them
- Understand what constitutes a good leader and what skills make leaders more successful
- Identify how to manage stressful situations
- Have a sound understanding of their own levels of Emotional Intelligence and how to improve this to become a better leader
- Understand how to effectively promote their own skills on an application form and at interview
Cost: the course cost is dependent on your requirements and also the schedule of workshops you desire – please contact us to discuss and to obtain a no-obligation quotation.
Introduction to Leadership, Coaching and Mentoring
This 2-day course is designed for anyone who aspires to be in a leadership, coaching and mentoring role. It combines theory with practical activities, leaving participants ready to take on any of these roles. It is ideal for young people in Universities and Schools as well as individuals entering the workplace.
Course aims and objectives:
- Understand the benefits of coaching and mentoring, and the key differences
- Identify the characteristics of an effective coach and mentor
- Identify the skills needed to coach and mentor, including how to set up a coaching/mentoring relationship, contracting and confidentiality
- Understand key coaching models and demonstrate competence in using these through practice
- Understand the differences between leadership and management, and what makes a good leader
- Identify how to motivate others and manage performance effectively
- Have a sound understanding of Emotional Intelligence and how to improve this to become a better leader, coach and mentor
- Develop your ability to reflect on your own skills and practice
Cost: £1000 for the course for a group of up to 20 people, plus ILM registration fee of £49 per participant.
Contact us to enquire or make a booking.
We are also be able to create bespoke ILM Development programmes for your organisation, please contact us to discuss your needs.