Soar Development Ltd is a business registered in England & Wales no. 9665946
Please read the following carefully because by visiting www.soar-development.co.uk, by working with Claire Burgess and her associate team, and by participating in coaching and development programmes, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Claire Burgess.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us:
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise and we will only use that information as we specifically state when you provide that information or as set out in this policy. Some examples of the information that we collect and how we use it are:
Email and other business and contact details: Clients will send us their contact details and the contact details of members of their organisation in order to run programmes and arrange meetings and consultations. We will only use this information to enable individuals to participate in coaching and training and to attend events as requested. This information will be stored on a password protected computer drive. This information may also be stored on the smart phone of a team member, especially Director Claire Burgess.
Coaching records: Data, records and subjective reflections written, recorded or captured in coaching sessions will be treated with great care and confidentiality. Names will be coded so that in the unfortunate event, any theft of such notebooks or recordings would not be attributable to a person or organisation; Records on computers will be password protected; Hand written records will be carried & stored with care. When stored at Head Office these records will be locked away.
Any loss or theft of records will be reported to clients immediately that is has been identified.
Information we collect about you:
Website/Technical Data: With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators from which you have visited our site or that you visit after our site; products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
We will use this information:
– to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
– to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
– to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
– as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
– to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
– to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources:
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We may also receive information about you from any of business partners to whom you may have given your details with permission for them to send it to us.
We may receive feedback or input about you from managers, leaders, colleagues, team members, as part of a 360 process, during the coaching session of others or as part of a diagnostic process. This data will be coded to protect individual privacy and stored securely.
No coaching record information will be shared with anyone other than the direct coaching client without full consent and understanding of reasons why it may be required.
We have identified a particular risk in the coaching profession where coaching records may be requested by email between clients, consultancies and associate coaches. Great care will be taken in this transfer of records and password protected data transfer processes will be used. Records will be shared with the minimum amount of people and with full consultation and consent of each coaching client.
In working as an associate for larger consultancies, we may be bound by the privacy & communication processes of that organisation and their client. Within that we will continue to ensure that communication and consent is full, and care is taken to protect identity and issue fully.
How long we hold your information
Email contact with coaching clients will be stored for a reasonable amount of time following the completion of a programme – usually not more than 3 years.
Information we hold about you offline to be able to provide coaching and training services will be retained for a period of 5 years after your last engagement with us to provide you continuation of our services should you require them in the future.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of Soar Development Ltd at Head Office. We will only do so in support of delivering your coaching or training programme.
We specifically do not share your information with any third parties including business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors; advertisers and advertising networks; analytics and search engine providers
The only time we may disclose your personal information to third parties is:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store your personal data
Contact information sent to us will be stored on a password protected computer drive. This password will be known to key staff at Soar Development Ltd and also nominated virtual assistant(s). All V.A.s who support Soar Development Ltd are bound by full confidentiality agreements. On departure of any staff from the support team, all passwords are changed. Passwords are changed monthly in any case.
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to and stored in Dropbox. This does not include bank details. We do not store bank details within our organisation.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Third Party Sites
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Facebook, Twitter and other social media sites
Breaches of security
It is our intention to behave in a way that minimises risk to data by storing no more than an individual would reasonably hold on their own public LinkedIn profile. If a breach of security were to occur and we became aware of a risk to the data of our members, we will notify you immediately by email.